Thursday, February 14, 2019

Love & Compassion

I started my day with a gift to me. I gave myself love by going to a morning yoga practice, led by Nicole Lytle at Beloved Yoga studio. The intention of the class was compassion and she ended the class with the following poem:
You are a mirror
 If you continue to starve yourself of love
you'll only meet people who'll starve you too
 If you soak yourself in love
the universe will hand you those
 who'll love you too. 
-a simple math 
Rupi Kaur 
Please take time to read that again as it is so powerful.

You've heard me say before that optimal health is not complicated. Do these three things: Maximize, Minimize and Prioritize what you're unique body needs.



Yet the most difficult for many is to prioritize self-love, self-care and compassion.  This for many, is a challenge and a practice.

I'd like to challenge you for today and for the next 7 days. Can you soak yourself in love? What small (or large) act can you give yourself every day? Maybe it's a 5 minute meditation. Maybe a foot massage with essential oil. An epsom salt bath, a yoga practice. A cup of herbal tea and time with self. A journal entry. A walk in the woods. A meaningful conversation. A nourishing meal. Snuggling with a pet or loved one.  Dancing to music. Playing with children and Grandbabies.

Will you help foster this sense of love, and please post on my Carpe Diem Facebook page an act of self love each day? Just maybe this will inspire us all to give each other permission to prioritize self. I need reminders like this, especially in the dreary rainy month of February. I need to remember that self love isn't selfish but it's the most loving thing we can do for family, friends and community.

Please Post Here, what loving thing will you do for yourself today?

Happy Valentines Day to all the very special women and men that I'm graced to know. I'm so grateful for all who I'm connected with, even those that challenge me. Sending you love.

Lisa



About Lisa Jackson, RN, CHC, RYT-500, AFMC

Lisa is an author, functional nutrition, and functional medicine trained health coach, yoga teacher, and retired Registered Nurse with the mission to "Inspire, Educate and Empower" individuals and corporations to achieve optimal health.

Lisa's book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive is a self-health book offering her Seven Steps to Optimal Health.

When she is not coaching, or speaking, you can find Lisa joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance or playing with her two grandchildren. She is the mother of four adult children and believes, "Optimal health should not be a secret."


No comments:

Post a Comment