My daughter Stephanie recently sent me a Ted Talk by Harvard trained psychologist Shawn Achor. This little video explains how finding something you love to do, that is fun and joyful, allows you to meet your goals and stick with it. In a nutshell, he explains the benefits of Carpe Diem Dance.
I combine my yoga training with movement to music and breathwork. I also love to weave yoga philosophy, health coaching, and positive psychology into my classes.
- Change your lens, to change your reality, to change your outcome.
- 75% of success in business is not determined by your IQ but rather by your optimism, social support, and ability to see stress as a challenge.
- Focusing on labels and "what's wrong" is not wellness; it's sick care.
- The absence of disease is not health. (Just like focusing on the average in blood tests, when the average American has one or more chronic diseases, is not health.)
- Our culture has hard-wired us to think, "Work hard, make your goals, and then you will be happy." Then there is a new quota or a new goal and the brain is stressed. We never get to celebrate or basque in our success. We've made happiness an unattainable future event; rather than learning how to be happy now and enjoy the journey.
In other words, we have it backwards!
A happy brain is a relaxed brain which is more efficient, more optimistic and more effective.
Not only does happiness increase your intelligence but it increases your ability to heal from within!
Reverse the formula. Being happy generates more sales and improves every aspect of business, including less employee turnover.
Be happy, and then you will be successful in whatever it is you wish to achieve.
"Raise positivity in the present to have a competitive advantage." -Shawn Achor
Would you like more joy, peace and energy? Come sample a fun, joyful class that is good for the heart, the brain and the entire body. This is a fun, experiential exercise that anyone can do that will be both relaxing and rejuvenation.
Class size is limited. Please sign up online and no perfume please.
|Click HERE to See Shawn Achor's Ted Talk|
Carpe Diem Wellness
Your secret weapon for wellness!
About Lisa Jackson, RN, CHC, RYT-500, FDN
Lisa is an author, inspirational speaker and a coach with a mission to inspire others to feel and look their best at any age.
She is the former Executive Director of the Integrative Wellness Program for the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.
Lisa's book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think and Thrive outlines her seven-step process towards optimal health that is fun and transformational.
Lisa is part of the New Self Health Movement and the Wellness Inspired Network. When she is not coaching, speaking or writing, you can find her practicing yoga and joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance.