Friday, March 8, 2019

My Daughters Personal and Courageous Story

I started this blogpost when my Daughter Dana started sharing her story on her first blogpost. We were together in Arizona while Dana was undergoing an integrative cancer treatment program.  I titled it Healing From Within, not because I knew it was possible, but because I so wanted to believe it. As a Registered Nurse, I wasn't taught nutrition, nor really any of the tools to build health that I offer today. Drugs, surgery and radiation were the only tools in the conventional backpack. It took a lot of courage to question her doctor and to step outside of conventional medicine. It takes courage to be your own healthcare advocate.

Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is facing the fear and taking action in spite of the fear. 

Please take a few minutes to listen to my daughters courageous story. I am so very proud of her courage, compassion and commitment to connect with others. 


What is your story? Will you choose the courage and compassion to share it?

For more information or to follow Dana and her associated non profit work:

Forced Joy Project & Living Courageously

Cassie Hines Shoes Cancer Foundation & Base 2 Summit

True North Treks

With Love & Gratitude,

Lisa

About Lisa Jackson, RN, CHC, RYT-500, AFMC

Lisa is an author, functional nutrition, and functional medicine trained health coach, yoga teacher, and retired Registered Nurse. Her mission is to inspire, educate and empower individuals and corporations to achieve optimal health.

Lisa's book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive is a self-health book offering her seven steps to optimal health.

When she is not coaching or speaking, you can find Lisa joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance or playing with her two grandchildren. She is the mother of four adult children and believes that "Optimal health should not be a secret."

No comments:

Post a Comment