Cayenne Pepper Who knew that Cayenne pepper is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C and manganese and B6 and dietary fiber. The high concentration of beta –caroteine supports a healthy immune system, critical during cold and flu season. Capsaicin helps to break up mucus congestion in the nose and the lungs. Not only is it also good as an anti-inflammatory and for pain relief, but also provides heat that may speed up metabolic rate to burn excess fat and acts as a mild appetite suppressant. Some studies have shown capsaicin a phytonutrient in cayenne pepper to induce the reduction of tumors.
The anti-inflammatory and pain relief properties may benefit digestive health which may be why Cayenne and the use of dried red chili peppers have been shown to be associated with the reduced risk of stomach ulcers.
The University of Maryland Medical Center states that capsaicin may help with weight loss, heartburn and improve circulatory problems. Cayenne pepper may reduce blood cholesterol, triglyceride levels and platelet aggregation and increase the body’s ability to dissolve fibrin thus preventing plague build up that can lead to atherosclerosis. This may be why cultures where hot peppers are used liberally have a much lower rate of heart attack, stroke and pulmonary embolism. These are reasons enough for me to include in my morning routine, how about you?
Heat water in a glass teapot or on a stove, then pour water in mug then:
- Chop up ½ to 1 inch of ginger root or sprinkle 1 tsp ginger powder into mug with hot water. Let is sit for a couple of minutes to steep. When the mug is not too hot to pick up then
- Squeeze ½- 1 lemon juice into the mug
- Sprinkle a pinch of *cayenne pepper powder to tolerance
I also hope you will consider joining me and other authors and health coaches in our first Self Health Movement Retreat this fall in Asilomar, California. Bring your spouse or a friend who wants to enjoy the refuge by the sea while you partake at the conference for a reduced rate of $1. There are nearby golf courses, shopping and the quaint towns of Monterey and Carmel by the Sea.
You definitely deserve this and I would LOVE to spend this time with you! Here’s some of what we will be offering:
- Yoga and yoga dance classes offered on the beach and inside studio spaces.
- Personalized small health coaching groups to help you walk through obstacles and health challenges
- Discover my Seven Steps to Inspired Wellness in an informative, experiential session where you will leave inspired and empowered to take back your health and understand the process to meet personal goals. We will walk through how to go from “Overwhelmed” to “Empowered”!
- You can choose workshops from over a dozen authors and health coaches. The conference outline is on our website
- You will enjoy amazing gourmet food, seafood, California wines, and bonfires to music.
- Saturday night we will witness the lunar eclipse while listening to live music under the stars on the beach.
- You will enjoy luxury accommodations, with chimneys in the rooms, wooden floors, trees and the beach to help you relax fully and recharge.
Please let me know how I can best assist you or inspire you as you discover optimal health and wellness.With Love & Gratitude,