Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Peace on Earth: Abundance vs Scarcity

This morning on Christmas Eve, I find myself in a familiar pattern that I've recognized for decades. The worry of,
"Am I giving enough? Do I have enough gifts for family and loved ones? Have I done enough?" 
Many years I've stressed myself worrying about the gift giving, the holiday cards, having a hostess gift for every invitation, and often feeling like I've fallen short.

Some years I feel really good about myself that I've been able to do it all. Some years I beat myself up because I didn't do the Christmas card, I didn't buy the Christmas tree,  I didn't decorate... Some years I'm proud that I chose to prioritize myself and say, "Nope I just can't do it...it's all too much."

Do you also find yourself judging yourself based on what you do, rather than who you are?

When is it too much, and when is it not enough? I've struggled with this; and I ask myself why? Why do I go to bed with a migraine because I've burnt the candle at both ends? Working and also doing all the planning, the shopping, the wrapping the gifts, the cooking, the cleaning...is it all due to the innate fear of not being enough?

I've suffered from hypertension. I don't look like a woman with hypertension. I'm not overweight. I'm not obese. I live a fabulous life. I love my husband and family. I love my job. I love my clients. I live in an older but beautiful home. (Yes, it needs a lot of work and I can choose to beat myself up over it, or I can be content with what I have.)

When is enough, enough? When can we stop beating ourselves up and start really saying it's enough? We're enough. We have enough. We are enough.

Deepak Chopra says, the fastest way to a heart attack is thinking, "There's never enough time." This has been my mantra for decades.  It's really a cultural social norm in the Washington DC area. The common conversation goes like this,
"How are you?" 
"Oh, I'm sooooo busy!"
Like this is a badge of honor and a measure of importance. Many, once retired can struggle with this. "If I'm not so busy, am I therefore not so important?" We sometimes build up some grandiose notion that the world could not go on without us...without our busyness...without the roles we play, without our jobs. The reality is, when someone drops dead of a heart attack, the world does go on. Albeit not without being missed and mourned, but life does go on.

What is the meaning of life for you? What is the meaning of success? How will you find your own peace on earth?  

Maybe it starts with a new mantra.
Maybe it's a mantra of abundance versus scarcity.
Maybe it's a mantra that I am enough,  I have enough,  and there is enough for all.

Right now all we can do is be responsible for our own health and wellbeing, in the hopes that giving ourselves this permission will give our loved ones permission to do the same.

What might this world look like if a billion men and women stood up and said,
"We're content, there is enough, let there be peace on earth.  Amen." 

When you are stressed for time, stop, take a deep breath, and tell yourself, "There is enough time. I am enough." Then return to the task at hand, knowing that you are doing your best and feeling content with that. You just might find that peace brings more wellbeing and productivity.

Wishing you love, compassion and feelings of peace on earth this holiday season.

Lisa

PS
Next post, I will invite you to consider several ways to give yourself the gift of health in the new year.

2 comments:

  1. There are some natural remedies that can be used in the prevention and eliminate diabetes totally. However, the single most important aspect of a diabetes control plan is adopting a wholesome life style Inner Peace, Nutritious and Healthy Diet, and Regular Physical Exercise. A state of inner peace and self-contentment is essential to enjoying a good physical health and over all well-being. The inner peace and self contentment is a just a state of mind.People with diabetes diseases often use complementary and alternative medicine. I diagnosed diabetes in 2010. Was at work feeling unusually tired and sleepy. I borrowed a cyclometer from a co-worker and tested at 760. Went immediately to my doctor and he gave me prescription like: Insulin ,Sulfonamides,Thiazolidinediones but Could not get the cure rather to reduce the pain but brink back the pain again. i found a woman testimony name Comfort online how Dr Akhigbe cure her HIV  and I also contacted the doctor and after I took his medication as instructed, I am now completely free from diabetes by doctor Akhigbe herbal medicine.So diabetes patients reading this testimony to contact his email     drrealakhigbe@gmail.com   or his Number   +2348142454860   He also use his herbal herbs to diseases like:SPIDER BITE, SCHIZOPHRENIA, LUPUS,EXTERNAL INFECTION, COMMON COLD, JOINT PAIN, EPILEPSY,STROKE,TUBERCULOSIS ,STOMACH DISEASE. ECZEMA, PROGENITOR, EATING DISORDER, LOWER RESPIRATORY INFECTION,  DIABETICS,HERPES,HIV/AIDS, ;ALS,  CANCER , MENINGITIS,HEPATITIS A AND B,ASTHMA, HEART DISEASE, CHRONIC DISEASE. NAUSEA VOMITING OR DIARRHEA,KIDNEY DISEASE. HEARING  LOSSDr Akhigbe is a good man and he heal any body that come to him. here is email    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    and his Number +2349010754824

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr God hands who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book on here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal  medicine. I came to know more about Dr God hands on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.I will advise you to contact Doctor God Hands Herbal Home for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.Doctor God hands Email Contact: doctorgodhands@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2349057214220.

    ReplyDelete