Thursday, June 9, 2016

Join US from Wanderlust to Love Your Body Day this Sunday.

This past weekend I had the privilege of attending Wanderlust, a 3 day yoga retreat with my daughter Dana. Words cannot adequately express what this time means to me. It is so important to make time to connect with yourself and your loved ones if you want to better serve and feel optimal health. 

Here’s a taste of our experience and what I hope to bring to you this weekend at the Love Your Body Day Yoga festival @ Reston Town Center inNorthern Virginia.  Sunday 10-5pm


We described the weekend in 3 words: 
Accessible + Versatile + Customizable = Transformational 
Three good qualities for your yoga practice, both on and off the mat.      

There truly is a yoga practice for everyone. Whether you were a returning veteran with PTSD or a retired Cirque de Soleil flyer looking to rehab your body, a hiker, a water enthusiast, mother, daughter, father or son, you could find yourself a class that was both accessible and challenging. We even heard Joel Salatin speak on sustainable food and “kitchen chickens” of which I want two!

SUP Yoga Yogaqua
Three things that I will be bringing from Wanderlust to Reston this weekend and sharing in my booth:
  1. A new anti-aging skin care company that blends Ayurveda with molecular science with ingredients so clean and pure you can eat. Come hear and see for yourself.  Complementary to Bausc on my website. 
  2. A beautiful custom designed yoga mat (minus common toxic ingredients)
  3. A custom designed mala with healing gemstones and amethyst pendant to use for meditation and to balance your energy.

I will also have a booth this weekend with The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders where you can:
  1. Learn about our Integrative Wellness Program that includes nutrition, coaching, yoga and meditation and
  2. Discuss the 5 R’s of functional medicine in the Speakeasy tent in a panel on Yoga and the Gut. 
  3. Participate in yoga dance and a 30 minute talk on the Seven Steps to Optimal Health. 

I’m bringing some of my Wellness Inspired Network with me in the form of a developing Directory. I will have my book and my usual sample of chocolate and strawberries and turmeric tea. You can sign up to receive my second book which is currently in editing and layout. 

We have so many choices each day regarding what we eat, think and the actions we take.

Come learn something new, make some new connections and have some fun. Yoga is an inside job, only you can do the work, but it can be decadently delicious inside and out!

Carpe Diem,

Lisa

ABOUT LISA JACKSON, RN, CHC, RYT

Lisa is an author, inspirational speaker, and coach with a mission to inspire and empower others to feel their best at any age. Her book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive outlines seven steps that are fun and transforming. 
Lisa is part of the New Self Health Movement, the International Health Coach Association and the Wellness Inspired Network. When she is not coaching, speaking or writing, you can find her practicing yoga and joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance at every opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment