Sunday, June 14, 2015

Optimal Health is Not Complicated; Maximize, Minimize & Prioritize

Do you, like me, have a hard time prioritizing self?

I start many presentations with this slide "Optimal Health is Not Complicated; Maximize, Minimize and Prioritize.”


...and yet doing this consistently is a challenge. Here lies the value of a health coach. I have my own coaches. I have a business coach and paid mentors that I work with. I still have to practice consistently prioritizing myself. Some of us are givers. We love to give, We thrive on giving, but we can give so much we wind up running out of gas.

We don't wait until our car runs out of gas before we fill it up. We don't put cheap gas in a Ferrari if we want it to perform with optimal performance. Why do we do this to ourselves? Do you ever fill yourself with cheap food or wait until you’re starving before taking a break? Do you plan and prepare a nutritious meal to fuel you for the day? Do you prioritize joyful activities and rest and relaxation every day?  It’s so easy to jump out of bed and get on the computer or get to the “to do list”.

So how do I prioritize me? I strive to practice treating my body and my soul as if it were my precious baby. 

Isn't it interesting how when you're pregnant, you don't drink? Most pregnant women sustain from alcohol, stop drinking coffee, and start taking vitamins. They start eating better foods and when they need to rest, they rest! This creates a healthy child, this creates a healthy body. As Mothers, we intuitively know this. So why do we stop these practices after the baby is born? What can you do today to nourish and nurture your body as if it were your baby? Can you love and nurture your body as you would your unborn and newborn child? Will you Begin today to consistently prioritize self? 

If you are local, join us today and bring your loved ones to Love Your Body Day at Reston Town Center. Bring your yoga mat and try different classes with different instructors from 10-3pm or visit some of the vendors that are in my Wellness Inspired Network, Beloved Yoga Studio, Neck Back & Beyond, Life Wellness Centre and Dr. Wes Rocki. In addition to having a booth with goodies and book signing, I will be giving a short talk on Seven Steps to Optimal Health at the Art of Healing Tent next to the pavilion @ 3pm.(I've touched on two steps in this post, Begin & Nourish.)  http://www.loveyourbodyyogafestival.com/ 

Here's to your health and nourishing choices; Carpe Diem!

With Love & Gratitude,


Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment