Saturday, July 15, 2017

Morning rituals, yoga classes and workshops

Someone walked away with my "Gold Plated" blender. Several years ago I invested in a Blendtec blender. I had seen a Costco demonstration making both soup and ice-cream, and I was sold.  I bought one with a friend and we called it "Gold Plated" because it was so darn expensive. It sat in my kitchen, virtually unused, until after my daughter was diagnosed with cancer when food really did become our medicine. Since then, I've literally made thousands of smoothies. The Blendtec actually keeps track and records the number on the blender.

Like most things in life, I didn't realize how much I missed it until it was gone. Fortunately, my dear friend replaced my beloved blender which I joyfully used this morning. 

The beautiful thing about smoothies is it gives me an opportunity to play and explore every morning with different ingredients. My body needs lots of healthy fat and protein to keep me satisfied until lunch time. This morning's smoothie consisted of spinach, hemp milk, avocado, blueberries, raw cacao and maca powder.

My most important morning ritual is my yoga practice. Everything goes more smoothly when I've given myself time to stretch, play and meditate. A stressed out health coach is not only not good for me, but definitely not good for my clients. You deserve more. You deserve the best, and so do I. 

I'm home now, renewed, and so excited to share my beautiful space with you. Last weekend we supported Beloved's teacher training here where I shared anti-aging and cancer prevention strategies.  You can download them on my website. 

Please let me know if you are curious about the tools of yoga and how to integrate them into your life. I'd like to offer a few classes and workshops here during the next 6 weeks.  If you are interested in joining me, please respond with the following:

Are you most interested in experiencing a traditional vinyasa yoga or a movement to music class? What days and times work best for you? Private or group session? 

Would you be interested in a weekend wellness workshop? If so, what topics and activities would you like to be included? 


Carpe Diem and enjoy this beautiful weekend!

Lisa

About Lisa Jackson, RN, CHC, RYT-500, FDN-P
Lisa is an author, inspirational speaker and a coach with a mission to inspire, educate, and empower, clients towards optimal wellbeing.  

She is the former Executive Director of the Integrative Wellness Program for the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders.

Lisa's book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think and Thrive outlines her seven-step process towards optimal health that is fun and transformational.


Lisa is part of the New Self Health Movement and the Wellness Inspired Network. When she is not coaching, speaking or writing, you can find her practicing yoga and joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment