Friday, September 16, 2016

Sharing an excerpt from my book as a Birthday Wish to You


This is a love story. It is written and given with love to those I love
in hopes all of us will learn to have the biggest, most passionate
and life-affirming love affair of our lives with…ourselves. I hope to
demonstrate that the most important person in your life must first
be you. When you are operating on all cylinders, you feel whole, balanced
and happy, more joyful and at peace. My hope is this book will
be your guidebook and together through love, we can change the
world; one healthy, happy individual at a time.

This includes my story about love, fear, courage, and the power
to heal from within. I am a retired registered nurse, certified health
coach and mother of children affected by chronic illness. When my
daughter, at twenty-eight, was diagnosed with cancer, it shook me to
the core as a wake-up call to rethink everything—everything including
how and what I eat, what I think, and what actions I take in my
daily life to obtain optimal health. This is a guidebook for feeling
and looking your best, and it will show you how to move from being
overwhelmed to empowered. It breaks through common marketing
myths that keep you stuck, with the goal to create a shift from disease
management to true wellness.

I will show you how you can feel and look your best at any age and
how to become the leader of your life by taking charge of your own
health and wellbeing.

I titled this book Savvy Secrets because people are always asking
me two questions:

1. “What’s your secret?” (Meaning, “Give me some solutions.”)
2. “Why doesn’t everybody know what you are telling me?”

Savvy means wise and knowing. I feel and look better now in my
fifties than I did in my thirties and forties. And so can you!

The Savvy Secret truth is that your body is innately designed
to be self-regulating and self-repairing.

I now look at chronic illness very differently than I did as a practicing
registered nurse. I’ve discovered that much of what I learned
about treatment for chronic illness as a registered nurse is now being
refuted. We will discuss some of these misconceptions about food and
how they affect your personal wellness goals. We will address common
myths like “cholesterol is bad,” “fat makes us fat,” or that certain
diseases are to be expected in old age.

Just because chronic disease is now common 
does not mean it is normal.


Often mistakes are made by well-meaning health practitioners who do not know any better. The truth is that no one has all of the answers. The good news is that your body knows whats best. Discover how to listen and take the right action. 

"Ask not what is wrong with me, but what is right with me."

My mission is to inspire, educate, and promote true wellness, not
merely the absence of illness. It is to teach others the power to heal from within and to recognize that dis-ease is the bodys only way to communicate; so it is time we learned how to listen.

This book will summarize the seven-step process Ive created for my private coaching practice so you can begin your own self-discovery. 

I do not believe in the no pain, no gain mentality that goes along with diets and deprivation. In fact, we are constantly moving towards one of two statesliving or dying. The good news is that your daily choices determine which one.


Here's wishing you a weekend of love, laughter and life-affirming actions!

Carpe Diem,

Lisa

PS
This Sunday consider joining The Center for Wireless Safety's
Documentary screening & TED Talk @
Virginia Hospital Center's Auditorium
September 18th, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM



About Lisa Jackson, RN, CYT, RYT-500
Lisa is an author, inspirational speaker, and coach with a mission to inspire and empower others to feel their best at any age. She is also the Executive Director of the Integrative Wellness Program for the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. 

Lisa's book, Savvy Secrets: Eat, Think & Thrive  outlines seven steps that are fun and transformational. Lisa part of the New Self Health Movement and the Wellness Inspired Network. When she is not coaching, speaking or writing, you can find her practicing yoga and joyfully sharing Carpe Diem Dance at every opportunity. 


1 comment:

  1. Khám phụ khoa định kỳ là một trong những việc mà bất cứ chị em cũng nên đi làm. Để sớm phát hiện ra các dấu hiệu bệnh tầm ẩn, cũng như kiểm soát ung thư, phòng tránh bệnh xã hội...Nếu chị em có nhu cầu hãy tham khảo ngay Phòng khám phụ khoa
    Thiên Hòa tại 73, Trần Duy Hưng, Cầu Giấy, Hà Nội. Bạn có thể liên hệ tới các bác sĩ để được tư vấn trước khi khám.

    ReplyDelete